Equality Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Smart Network Solutions is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
The organization – in providing goods and/or services and/or facilities – is also committed against unlawful discrimination of customers or the public.
Our policy’s purpose
1. Provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part
time or full-time.
2. Not unlawfully discriminate due to characteristics of:
- gender reassignment
- marriage or civil partnership
- pregnancy and maternity
- race (including color, nationality, and ethnic or national origin)
- religion or belief
- sexual orientation
3. Oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination. This includes in:
- pay and benefits
- terms and conditions of employment
- dealing with grievances and discipline
- leave for parents
- requests for flexible working
- selection for employment, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities
Smart Network Solutions commits to:
1. Encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace as they are good practice and
make business sense.
2. Create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimization and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognized and valued.
This commitment includes training managers and all other employees about their rights andresponsibilities under the equality, diversity and inclusion policy. Responsibilities include staff conducting themselves to help the organization provide equal opportunities in employment, and prevent bullying, harassment, victimization and unlawful discrimination.
All staff should understand they, as well as their employer, can be held liable for acts of bullying, harassment, victimization and unlawful discrimination, in the course of their employment, against fellow employees, customers, suppliers and the public.
3. Take seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimization and unlawful discrimination by fellow employees, customers, suppliers, visitors, the public and any others in the course of the organization’s work activities.
Such acts will be dealt with as misconduct under the organization’s grievance and/or disciplinary procedures, and appropriate action will be taken. Particularly serious complaints could amount to gross misconduct and lead to dismissal without notice.
Further, sexual harassment may amount to both an employment rights matter and a criminal matter, such as in sexual assault allegations.
4. Make opportunities for training, development and progress available to all staff, who will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential, so their talents and resources can be fully utilized to maximize the efficiency of the organization.
5. Make decisions concerning staff being based on merit.
6. Review employment practices and procedures when necessary to ensure fairness, and also update them and the policy to take account of changes in the law.
7. Monitor the make-up of the workforce regarding information such as age, sex, ethnic background, sexual orientation, religion or belief, and disability in encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion, and in meeting the aims and commitments set out in the equality, diversity and inclusion policy.
Monitoring will also include assessing how the equality, diversity and inclusion policy, and any supporting action plan, are working in practice, reviewing them annually, and considering and taking action to address any issues.
Agreement to follow this policy
The equality, diversity and inclusion policy is fully supported by senior management and has been agreed with all staff members, employees and related personnel.
SMART NETWORK SOLUTIONS COMM CORP
9790 NW 51 ST LANE Miami, FL 33178, United States
Tel. +1 305 269 41 42 Ext 100-103 Mob +1 786 282 65 69/70